was perusing blogs this morning and got the itch to come back to mine. I was shocked to see it has been exactly 7 months since I last posted. WOW...A LOT has happened since then!
NOVEMBER - was a stressful month! My suburban broke down three different times and our youngest, at the time 23 months, had her pinky shut in a bedroom door which amputated the tip. We rushed her to the ER with the tip on ice. They weren't able to reattach it, too small. The bone was exposed, they wrapped it up and said she's young we'll see what happens. Worse case scenario if it didn't heal properly was cutting off bone and skin graft. Well after 7 weeks in bandages and weekly appointments we had a little miracle. Her finger looks perfect! Even the doctors were amazed with the healing. It is shorter than her other finger but looks GREAT! November did bring us some happy moments as well, Thanksgiving and our 19th Anniversary.
DECEMBER - Hannah turned two! Lots of school Christmas programs! I was blown away by Alex's orchestra group. (She's played the viola since 4th grade) Wish I had their last song recorded to play over and over again! And of course Christmas. It was a smaller group at my house this year since DiDi's family moved to Iowa (still missing them!) It was great to do our traditional gingerbread houses but missed watching the master, Scott, design and color co-ordinate his! My mom and Rusty had their mission farewell and we were able to go to their ward (two hours away)to be a part of it. Alex (viola), Bekah (violin) and cousin Elle (viola) played for sacrament meeting "I am a Child of God" This song, although always great, has special meaning since my mom wrote a family version when I was young, "Fish Family Forever".
JANUARY - Found us busy with basketball, crazy schedules for Tanner and Harris. I was busy trying to start a girl's lacrosse team for our high school. Alex has had to play for a different high school, the only girl team in town, and I had made her the promise we'd have a team at her school before she graduated. Thankfully we were able to find a college student for the coach and enough girls to sign up (pulling from two different schools) and started the team. Unfortunately I was nominated as President of the board which has kept me busy!!!
FEBRUARY - Dallon turned 6! What a cutie he is. He LOVES kindergarten and blows me away with the things he shares with me. He is really paying attention to all the little details at school and is a learning sponge!
MARCH - was another crazy month! Still filled with sports, music concerts, activity days and scouts! Camille turned 10! She's very excited to be in the double digits and had a fun birthday party with her friends. I had a birthday as well. And the month didn't slow down! We moved to a new house, the very next day my brother came to visit who is still with us due to an awful divorce. And I can't forget SPRING BREAK!
APRIL - Harris turned 14 and we found, after a visit to the doctor, that he grew four inches in the last 3 months. He's now 6'4", size 14 shoe and 150 lbs (Catching up with Tanner who is 15.5, 6'7", size 15 shoe but 210lbs!) High School Basketball is over but Tanner has joined an AAU team that has taken him to Denver, Boise, Yakima and, yes, even a tournament in our own hometown. The players on his team are from all over Oregon, the furthest is three hours away. We won't be finished until July when we have a huge tournament in Las Vegas. During it all both the boys will also have High school summer ball which starts the end of this month. Bekah started a 4-H group for sewing. She's having a blast and is doing awesome! Next project...pajama bottoms.
MAY - I had a wonderful Mother's Day with my husband not letting me lift a finger! Loved listening to the primary kids sing in sacrament meeting and realized that Hannah will be joining the group next year. Lacrosse season is over, well, for one of our kids. Alex's last game was this week, it was senior recognition night and the night before we had all 19 girls and their families at our home for an end-of-season dinner and award night. Lots of FUN that ended in a huge food fight! Right now Hannah and I are sick, Camille and Bekah were, and I'm crossing my fingers that no one else comes down with it! In a week we get to celebrate Ron's b-day!
Okay, that was a HUGE, loooong post. I'll try to post more often so I can really capture all the fun, wonderful happenings of our family and maybe be able to post a few
Lots has happened lately...
13 years ago

2 comments:
Yay! I am so excited you posted something again! I loved to read all about your adventures, and your boys are, whoa, tall! Not that that is surprising but around here, my kids are the tall ones in the family and my 18 year old is 5'11.5! Love your blog! btw, your name comes up as about me instead of Krista, it must've gotten switched around somehow :) My oldest is going to be a Freshman at BYU! AHHHHHH! We cannot be that old, Krista. Weren't we just there?
That was so fun to read...I'm glad I came to check if you had posted. I feel like I have gotten all caught up on your lives, way to go!! I am the worst at this whole blogging thing...maybe this summer will be better while I'm not working. We miss you guys!!
Post a Comment