My mom and her husband, Rusty, just received their mission call...Johannesburg, South Africa!!! They are thrilled, excited but I know they'd feel that way regardless of where they were sent. They enter the MTC on January 11th and will be serving for 18 months.
I'm excited for them but I have to admit I'm a little sad as well. Although I don't see my mom very often I'll miss her. Living two hours away and being able to call whenever will be very different from being half a world apart and not being able to pick up the phone for instant advice and wisdom.
This adventure and service will be taken in by many. I know my mom and Rusty will have firsthand experience but being able to hear of their tales and receive the blessings as we support them will be an amazing growing experience for us as well.
I'm thankful for their strong testimony, their desire to serve and willingness to give up everything to do so. I'm also thankful for the unknown blessings and changes it will bring to others. Rusty and my mom will become stronger (if that's even possible), the people of Johannesburg will be touched to strengthen their testimonies or accept the gospel and we at home will grow as well.
With three kids as teenagers, two of them only four years away from mission age, and no other relatives out on missions I'm hopeful that the next year and a half will make an impact on helping my kids have the desire to serve when their time comes.
Thanks, Mom and Rusty, for the wonderful example you are to All of US!!!
Lots has happened lately...
12 years ago

3 comments:
Thanks, Krista, for revitalizing your blog. I love to read about things going on at your house. I love to have your thoughts about things.
I'll try to live up to the example you want for you kids.
Rusty
We are so excited. I'm not sure where we are going to get the money from, but we are hoping to make it out there. What an adventure, they will be great missionaries...again! :)
Krista, it's so fun to catch up with you on your blog. It doesn't update my page when you add a post for some reason so I didn't realize I had missed some posts! Sorry about the tonsils, is it harder for mom than patient sometimes?
Post a Comment