Monday, May 24, 2010

A Fun Saturday!

We had a crazy but fun Saturday. First off it was Ron's 45th b-day so the night before the kids and I had some fun decorating the house.

There was no sleeping in. Tanner had a basketball tournament he had to be to by 8:30a.m. It was a great tournament but not very stiff competition. We won our first game by 20+ points and our second game by 40+. With about 5 seconds left in the last game Tanner went up and did a two-handed slam dunk. It was amazing to watch!

(the picture is a little blurry but hey, at least we got it!)

Then the ref lifted his hands signaling a technical. WHAT?!?!? After the ref said that and gave no points everyone stood up and cheered to let Tanner know we appreciated the show! It turns out that slam dunks are legal, even swinging on the hoop is okay but at one point while he was hanging on the rim he did a little chin up. THAT is not okay.

Harris had a lacrosse game an hour and a half away. I felt bad but we sent him with people from the ward. One of our cousins was playing in the same tournament that Tanner was so Grandma and Grandpa Morgan made the drive to see the two boys play as well as other relatives. Harris was a trooper without us. His team won 10-1!

Unexpectedly we had our out of town family at our house but Ron had been anxious to see the new Iron Man 2 movie. So since it was his birthday I kidnapped him and told everyone BYE!! Great movie, loved it!

I'm holding onto my seat for the next 3 weeks. Things always seem crazy as school winds down. We have all of Alex's senior obligations, more basketball and lacrosse games, piano, violin and viola recitals and even a play. Then the week after school gets out I'm heading off to Girl's Camp to be one of the unit leaders.

Good times BUT Crazy!

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

Wow, the end of school is busy! I get to go to camp, too, but we don't go until the end of June. What a fun family you have.

Brad & Cindi Pearce Family said...

Love the picture! And I'm so happy to see you blogging again! It's a great way to get to know your family! Hopefully I will get to meet all of them sometime!