College ball has been going on for awhile, so has the Pros. My family LOVES to watch the sport but honestly, I could live without it. I do watch it with my family, and I love to watch the Cougars but having my boys play puts me on edge.
Tanner is playing on the Freshman team and Harris is playing for his 8th grade team. With their love for the sport it's something I support them in but not whole-heartedly. Three years ago when Harris was playing for the Boys and Girls Club he was tackled and ended up at the bottom of the pile. He was hit just right and ended up breaking four bones in his leg and foot.
Harris had a cast up to his hip, spent a month in a wheelchair, four months in the cast and three months of physical therapy. After his recuperation he decided to take a little break from football waiting to evaluate if he really wanted to play again. He's now in 8th grade, the first year a player is able to play for their school and the year that Harris was going to decide whether to re-enter the sport. After much deliberation Harris made his choice...He's playing. Harris' first game is this Wednesday but he won't be playing. On Friday he broke his first knuckle on his middle finger on the right hand. Thankfully not a serious injury, one that happens frequently in football but something that has brought back my fears and worries as a mom of a football player. Well, I guess I should say as a mom of active kids. To be honest we've also had broken bones from riding bikes and snowboarding.
I'll be the mom attending all the games that I can (Tanner has played three games already all away, like, 1.5 to 3 hours away. Record Two Wins and One Tie) cheering as loud as I can (to the embarrassment of my kids) holding my breath and truly celebrating at the end of the game, winning or not, when my boys walk off the field uninjured.
Lots has happened lately...
12 years ago

2 comments:
I am so glad I found your blog!!! It is so good to be in touch again and I mean it, when you come down we have plenty of room for you!
HI, I am so glad you are back!! I love hearing updates on the kids. I know I don't have kids yet, but I feel your pain. I am so nervous to have boys because I am so nervous about them wanting to do crazy things and get hurt!
Post a Comment