Thursday, February 26, 2009

SNOW!

This is what we woke up to this morning!


After looking out the window, seeing the road covered and more coming down I was sure school would be delayed. I was WRONG! We kept checking the school site to see if they'd change their minds. My kids were anxious to see a different message on the computer screen but it wasn't to be.

Ron drove Alex to school, took over an hour. I drove the boys. A drive that normally takes me 10 minutes round trip took me 40 minutes.

Thank goodness for my Suburban ( I LOVE IT!) because there were people sliding all over the place, traffic jams, and wrecks. (I know, Oregon drivers really don't know how to deal with snow.)

The kids didn't get a chance to enjoy it because once they got home from school our cul-d-sac looked once again like the green, wet Oregon it is.

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

Krista, I am so excited you found my blog and commented. It took me until now to figure out how to respond back, luckily you have a blog, too. E-mail me so I can get your e-mail address. Mine is abbottfamily@yahoo.com. It's great to get back in touch again!! Love, Kir