Thursday, February 19, 2009

Something So Simple!

It's amazing how a simple, I mean, VERY SIMPLE act of kindness can put a smile on your face and lift your day.

The past week and a half has been kind of dreary for me due to my leg. I have to admit I'm starting to feel the grouchies coming on. But a simple, thoughtful gesture was made towards me tonight and it has left me smiling from the inside out, I feel GREAT!

I am an Activity Day leader at church. About a month ago we had a fun activity where we learned how to make scarves using only our fingers and yarn. After everyone got the hang of it we took turns sharing our favorite books while our fingers kept working and our scarves kept growing . One of my favorite books is Ella Enchanted and that is the one I chose to share with the girls. Most everyone knows of the movie but that doesn't do the book justice. You've got to read it!
Out of the blue tonight one of my Activity Day girls, Leah, gave me a call. In her sweet, petite voice she said, "I just finished reading Ella Enchanted and it was really good!" We spent a few minutes talking about the difference between the book and movie and she agreed the book was the best. The fact that Leah thought of me and wanted me to know that she too enjoyed the book meant so much to me.

Something so SIMPLE but so HUGE in meaning!

1 comment:

Susie Taylor said...

I will definitely have to read this book! I hope you are up and around soon.