Sunday, May 11, 2008

I'm a BLOGGER!

I can't believe it! For some reason it makes me all giddy, I couldn't even settle down and take a nap (even though it was desperately needed due to a total of 5hrs of sleep broken into two segments) my brain was going so fast and I was anxious to get my blog started.

I'm so far behind the times. Blogging has been going on since 1999 and here I am, nine years later starting my first blog. I was first introduced to blogging five years ago by my friend Monique. It felt so above my head and intimidating I didn't want to give it a try, didn't even want to read other blogs. "Give me paper and pen over the computer", is what I thought back then.

Fast forward five years and I'm surrounded by people who have blogs. My sister, sister-in-law, friends, my 64yr old mom and even my nine year old daughter (she has two). Blogging seems less intimidating now because in the past five years I've begun to use computers in my daily life and would now opt to send letters through e-mail versus the mailman. (the receiver is more likely to receive letters now than in years past. It's much easier to hit "send" than put paper in envelope, write address, find stamp, etc...

I'm looking forward to having a blog. I'm not eloquent in my writing, or even humorous but I'll enjoy having a place to put down my thoughts and our family's experiences for us to look back on and for others to"peek in" on our lives.

3 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

I'm glad to see you got "with the times"! I can't wait to read what you're up to, and hopefully catch a little glimpse of much-missed Oregon in some of the photos. I have found blogging to be such a good (and unexpected) outlet for me--I hope you find that to be true for you, too.

Krista said...

WOOHOO!!! My first comment on my very first blog!

Thanks Laundry Queen!

Susie Taylor said...

Hey Krista,

I heard your Mom say that you had a blog, so I searched it out and now I can keep keep in touch with you, exciting!!! Maybe I will get with the times and get my own blog, someday.

Susie Taylor (Henrichsen)